Picture on the left taken by

The little man's check up


No comments

The little man's 9 month check up was June 17th. He weighs 19 lbs. He is right on schedule with all his milestones and then some. He is doing really good, he is pulling him self up on stuff and falling a lot, of course. We are starting to get him to eat more "people" food. Kiki can play with him a lot more now since he is mobile.

Well, recently I was diagnosed with Strep. Not fun at all!! It started with a migraine for a couple days then went into a sore throat. I was fine until Thursday night and all of a sudden it hit me, I could not stand up or walk for more than 2 minutes without feeling like I was going to get sick or just pass out right there. Of course, that was my volleyball night so I had to ask the hubby to sub for me. About 6:30 that night I got a fever of 102.6. After that it was hell. I started getting really weird symptoms that are not usually affected with strep. I got sick (threw up) 3 times that night, I lost my appetite and didn't want to eat (even taco bell), I had really bad chest pains- when I would breath in or out it would burn. I figured it was just a 24 hour thing and it would go away. It was so much worse on Friday. I decided to go to the dr.s office and get checked out. I told him all my symptoms and he went straight to a culture (strep test). After he gave me my prescription he told me to take them right away and he said "if u still cannot swallow your own spit go to the ER." Well, that scared me a little. By the time I got home it was after 8 p.m, so I didn't take my last medication until 9:35 p.m. I didn't know how long it would take to take affect so I just waited until Saturday.

Saturday wasn't any better. I was a little worried about this whole ER thing so I went to a second Dr. for a second opinion. Well this Dr. said the reason why the other Dr. wanted me to go to the ER was because if my medication isn't helping then little air pockets will form in my throat causing an abscess in my throat which means they have to go in and drain fluid from my throat. Kind of sounds like little cists. The second Dr. gave me a shot and said "if your sore throat does not dissapear by tonight you should go to the ER." For two Dr.s telling me to go to the ER it really sounds worse than it is. It still hurts today but I can eat and drink. I am just going to wait until I can get an appointment with my regular Dr. on a weekday.

Leave a Reply