Picture on the left taken by

A letter to Keira on her First Day of Kindergarten


1 comment

A Letter to Keira on her first day of kindergarten-


Hi Keira,
Today is the first day of kindergarten for you! I am so proud of you! You are my big girl and have made me very proud. I'm tearing up as I'm writing this for you. I am hoping that on your first day of college, we will look back at this and read this together. 

You have turned out to be such a bright, beautiful big girl! It's going to be hard letting you go to school everyday. You have been in my life for 5/6 years now, so it's going to be hard for me to let someone else take care of  you for 7/8 hours of the day. This will just make us stronger and make us cherish the family time that we have from 4 p.m- 8p.m. 

You will not have to worry though, you will make lots of friends. You have a big, beautiful, funny, caring personality, so everyone will like you! I won't be worried about you because I know you can take care of yourself. Just remember the book that aunt Jackie gave you...The Kissing Hand. Remember that mommy will kiss your hand every day and when you get sad or scared you can press your hand up to your cheek or your heart and remember that mommy, daddy and God (because God knows everything that happens and He can guide you through your tough times) will be right there beside you. 

There are a lot of things I will worry about today as I leave you for 7 hours. I wonder if the kids are being nice to you. I hope you are not scared. I wonder how you are doing today by yourself. I hope the teacher is being good to you. I wonder if you are having fun. I hope your day is going fast. I will not be able to watch over you all day anymore, but I know God is watching you for me and he will keep you safe!

I love you baby girl...I guess I can't call you baby girl anymore, huh? So, I will say, I love you big girl! I hope you have a good day at your first day of kindergarten.

Remember to use kind words and use your manners (Keira wouldn't want me to leave that out ;) ) I love you, big girl! Have a good day at school!



1 comment

Leave a Reply