Picture on the left taken by

Night Terrors


No comments

It has been a long 3 nights for Dan and I. Keira started having night terrors, not to be confused with nightmares. Night terrors are more severe and can result in seizures. She wakes up at the same time every night (12:10 a.m), screaming and crying (the first time Dan & I heard it we thought she fell out of bed or something serious, it was that bad of a cry/scream), sits up in her bed.

I went in the room to make sure she was okay and it was a scary thing to see your child go through. She is sitting up in the bed still crying screaming her eyes are wide open & she is looking around shaking like something is about to get her. I put my hands on her shoulders & talk to her to let her know that it is me. She looks right into my eyes and keeps crying (like she is looking right through me). It is the spookiest thing ever. She doesn't talk. I tried to ask her questions, like do you need a drink of water, or have to go potty and she doesn't answer, just looks dazed and off into space. I finally get her calmed down and laid back down and cover her up and then she is fine.

The first night it happened, I asked her in the morning why she was crying last night? What scared you? She said, "Mom, I wasn't crying last night." That really got me worrying.

People go through night terrors differently. Some night terrors can be as severe as the child kicking and screaming, punching things, sleep walking, or being dangerous to self or others. I am glad Keira's hasn't gotten that severe.

Article provided by Amber Weyer Aug. 3rd, 2011. With inserts from Keira Weyer

Leave a Reply