Picture on the left taken by

Sunday School


No comments

We have been going to the same church for over a year now. I really like it. It has a lot of young parents with kids the same age as ours. Which is good, because I want our kids to grow up in a church and make friends with other church kids. Keira was in the Sunday School program last year (her first year) and is going to be in it again this year. Aden is not quit old enough, you have to be in preschool to be in the program.

The Sunday school teacher they have had for about 13 years (I think that's what she said) has decided not to do it anymore because they want to take some time off and travel. She used to have all the kids, about 10-15 depending on the Sunday. Dan and another guy, Andy were in charge of the "Youth" which were 5th grade through 8th grade (I think). So, this year they decided to break it up and have multiple age groups. I decided to be a full time P, K, &1st grade Sunday school teacher, which is about 15 kids BY MYSELF! I didn't realize I would get that many kids or be by myself since they were going to break the age groups up. They have another teacher for 2nd -4th grade but their are only maybe 2-4 kids in that age group, so they are thinking about just combining into the 5th grade group. We start September 11th, so we'll see how that goes.

Content by Amber Weyer Aug. 18, 2011. The Church in the article is Southern Heights Presbyterian Church.

Leave a Reply