Picture on the left taken by

Bad Day of the Week


on

No comments

Tuesday, November 15th

I am not sure why this day was my bad day because I have my pool leagues and my one night out a week on this day.

The morning started off great! The kids slept in until 9, so mommy got to sleep in. Got up, did our daily routine then decided to take the kids swimming at the Y.

Before we leave and I know I have all shoes on and jackets on (if needed), I ask them to go down stairs (by the garage door, this is also the family room area, so they usually find something to play with for a couple minutes until I am ready) and wait, so I know whoever is down stairs is ready to go. When they are all waiting by the door, this usually gives me time to get my shoes on, my purse, diaper bag and whatever else I need for the outing.

I went to grab my purse (in the kitchen) and Keira is running upstairs (after I told her to go down stairs), I ask her what she is doing, she says, "getting my lip stuff." Taygen hears her and starts running up stairs saying and crying for lipstuff. I'm trying to get Keira down stairs so Taygen will stop crying and so we can go. Keira is crying because she wants her lipstuff (which she wound up taking with us) and Taygen is crying and jumping out of my arms because she also wants lipstuff. Aden is not listening and running up and down the stairs. I finally had enough and said, "I am leaving now, if anybody wants to come" and walked out the door. It worked!

Then we are heading out of the Y after swimming to go home. Keira wants a snack (out of the vending machine), I tell her "no, we are going home to eat lunch then we will have ice cream or something special at home." She starts whining and crying.  Keira and Aden run ahead of me and push the automatic door button. Well, apparently, Aden wanted to push the first one, but Keira did, so Aden is crying, he is walking sideways because he is telling me what Keira did and hits his head on the metal door. He starts crying (hard). Keira is walking backwards whining about what Aden did, she hits the back of her head on the door because the automatic door ran out of time and closed on her. So, she is crying hard. I kiss both of their heads and tell them it is going to be okay. They are both still crying on the walk to the car. I carried Taygen and just kept walking with the two older ones lagging behind.

My kids never act like this! They are very well mannered and usually do as they are told, but for some reason they were all just having a bad day.

Rate My Blog @ Top Mommy Blogs

Leave a Reply