Picture on the left taken by

Keira Cheerleading


on ,

No comments

In my S.A.H.M blog, I mentioned that I was going to enroll Keira in a Cheer class and take her out of the Y dancing. She loves dancing and the YMCA is great, but it's the same thing every time she dances. I can tell she is getting bored with it and wants to do more.

I am enrolling her at an actual dance/cheer studio. Her classes are called 'mini cheer' for ages 5-8. They are Thursdays 5:30-6:30. I talked to the director and she was encouraging us to come this week to get Keira signed up and start. I might not have her cheer with the team this week, maybe just watch them and introduce her to the class and wait until after the performance (on Sunday) to start a new routine. The cheer team has a performance at Pius X this Sunday, but Keira will not perform. The team has another performance for Spring in April that she will cheer at. I am planning on taking Keira to the performance so she can see what the team does and how cheer works.

I asked her the other day if she would like to do cheerleading. She didn't know what it was, so dad sat down and showed her some YouTube videos of her dance studio performing. In the last 2 years they have won over 30 National Champions.

I will have another post with pictures as soon as Keira gets started and the performance weekend it over.

Leave a Reply