Picture on the left taken by

Taygen's 2 Year Dr. Appointment


on , ,

No comments

Taygen had her 2 year well child check, I guess they call it 24 month well child check up.

She is in the 23rd percentile for her height at 33 inches. Her weight is 24 pounds and in the 25th percentile. She has only gained 1 pound since her 18 month check up and has only grown 2 inches in the last 6 months.

Her doctor was a little worried about her weight (only gaining one pound in 6 months). She asked me if she thought her diet was good, meaning if she was eating enough. I just started laughing, if anyone knows her they know she eats all the time and eats anything. Even though she only gained one pound, she went down on the percentile chart from 61st percentile to 25th percentile (in 6 months). The doctor thought even though she went down quit a bit in numbers that she was just fine.

Taygen is really such a big girl. When the doctor was talking to her, she kept saying, "I feel like I'm talking to a 3 year old." She was so impressed with how much she talks and how much she knows. She also kept saying, "she is so mature for her age." It's always good when someone else realizes the potential in your child like you do.

Taygen has her good and bad days. I love her good days, as we all do ;) On her good days, Taygen will listen to everything, all day long. She will give me hugs and kisses all day. She will come sit on my lap and be super lovey all day. She will want me to hold her and then want to cuddle with me. She plays good with the other kids and shares everything. At nap time, she will not argue with me, she will just lay in her bed and go to sleep. But...on her bad days she does not listen. She is not lovey ;( She is just very defiant on her bad days. She doesn't want to nap on these days. The good thing is that she has more good days than bad days.

She is definitely growing up way too fast! She is fully potty trained and only wears a pull up at night and nap time. We are slowly taking away pull ups at nap.

Leave a Reply