Picture on the left taken by

Summer's Over!


No comments


Well, apparently the kids were not the only ones on Summer break. I guess I was on break from my blogs. I had been trying to keep up, but pool leagues are over and when the hubby would play is when I would write my posts. I haven't really had time and I don't like taking time out of the kids' day to sit on the computer! 

So, I guess I have to try and sum up our Summer in maybe one post. Well, nothing too exciting. I went on my mission trip in the middle of June, but that was the only real vacation I've been on. We are planning on taking the kids on a little mini vacation this coming weekend before school starts. I did manage to break my pinky finger playing volleyball. You wouldn't think that was too serious, but I really can't type, so this entry is taking me forever. Instead of using my pinky finger for my "a" I have to use my ring finger, which makes me stop and think for a minute, which I don't do so well with because I forget what I was actually thinking about. 

This Summer has gone by so fast. It seems like yesterday I was telling Keira that it was her last day of school and she would be starting kindergarten in August. 

Even all the fairs and street dance seem to be flying by. Not that I am a street dance person, but that's what comes around with fair season. We did go to the "super fair." Whoopy crap! There were only about 4 rides that the kids could go on. We still had fun though. We went this last Sunday, so it was only about 85 instead of 100+ like it has been. Really didn't feel any different, but sometimes if you say 80 degrees instead of 100 it sounds better, don't know why, maybe reverse psychology. 

Well, we are less than one week away from the kids starting school. Very sad, but proud at the same time. I will be sad that I won't have my "Keira time" during the days anymore, but she also needs that interaction with her friends and teachers. Aden will be starting school as well, but he will only be going for 2 1/2 hours, 2 days a week, so I will still have my Aden time after noon. It works out because I will drop Keira off at school then come back to Lincoln and drop Aden off at 9 at preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I will have my alone time with Taygen on Tuesdays and Thursdays when Aden and Keira are both in school. We can go get some mommy, daughter ice cream somewhere ;)

The hubby is going to get another degree...not that he needs another one. He starts in August also. Right now, he drives back and forth to York 4 days a week, but once he starts school he will be working out of Lincoln 3 days a week and york 2. Which means he will have to work Friday's, but at least he will be home by 4:30-5:00 instead of 6:30-7:00. 

It looks like I will have to do another post on our Summer, I'm just drawing a blank, or just being lazy and want to watch my shows...could be that ;) 

Leave a Reply