Picture on the left taken by

Weekend....


No comments

We have been playing in a pool tournament for a couple weeks now. We have city tournaments for our pool leagues. I tried singles last Sunday and didn't do very well. I consider myself a pretty good shot, but I get a little nervous when I am playing a major tournament *there are usually over 300 people at these pool tourneys*. I usually over think shots and mess up a lot. I got down to the 8 ball a couple of times and messed it up because I was thinking about the victory :)

The hubby did speed pool, that is his favorite activity in the pool tournaments. He qualified 4th and finished 4th. Last year he got 48 seconds on a rack and this year got 58 seconds. I was pretty impressed this year because one of the guys *a pretty good shot* got 38 seconds *which is damn impressive for speed pool*. Then I got home and one of my friends told me that another pretty good shooter got 39 seconds. That is pretty rare since the pros shoot speed pool in about 1 min. 10 on average. I went along and watched for a couple hours, they had draw your partner scotch doubles so I thought I would give that a try. My partner and I were done right away *sad*. I hung around and played a couple minis and watched speed pool for a little bit. My hubby always impresses me with speed pool:).

This weekend is more pool tourneys. This time it is team. My team got put into the "A" division, which is a pretty tough bracket. The hubby is not playing on our team. We have a couple B players, one C player, one master and one A player, so our team should do pretty good. The kids are going to nana's for a night or two. The team event doesn't start until 6:30 p.m on Friday and the last match is usually called after 11 p.m. so it is going to be a long night and we don't want to worry about what time to get home. Should be a fun and eventful weekend. I hope we do good and I don't let down my team.

Leave a Reply