Picture on the left taken by

Picking a Kindergarten


on ,

No comments

Well, I can't believe it but this time next year, 2012, we will already have Keira registered for kindergarten. This is a big deal for me! We are looking at building a new house, but Dan wants to wait 3-5 years. We are looking to build in the Fallbrook or The Bridges (Denton) area. Where we live now, Fallbrook, and the Bridges are all in different school districts. My problem with this is that I do not want to be living here when Keira starts school and then have to pull her out in the middle of the school year when we move and go to a different school. I want to know where we are going to build, the district, and the school before she starts school, so her, Aden & Taygen can all go to the same school without moving in the middle of the school year.

I am a very picky person! That's just me. It takes me 2 hours just to pick out a pair of shoes, ask Dan, it drives him crazy! I want them to go to a small school, where they will know every kid and I will know every parent. I want the teachers to know the kids by name and know some stuff about their lives. Right now Keira goes to a preschool with 16 kids, which is great! I know all the parents, sometimes we sit down and talk while we are waiting for the kids to get out of school. The parents look out for each kid like they are their own. Keira recently went to the zoo with her preschool for the letter Z and still had her cast on...I was really nervous about this, a couple of the parents must have noticed me about to cry when I loaded her up in the van to go, because one of them said, it's okay Amber we will watch out for her! And they did..one parent told me they kept her out of the sand so the sand did not get into her cast and walked around with her while the other kids were playing so she didn't feel left out.

Honestly, I do not want the kids to go to an LPS school, there are just way too many kids in the school district.  I want to move to a small town, so the kids can go to a school with less than 100 kids. I have even thought about private schools for the kids, Lincoln Christian is a very good private school. I know this sounds weird to some, but I don't want my kids to be just a number to the teachers or just another kid that  goes to that school. I want the kids to have the same friends in kindergarten that they do their senior year.

I went to York High School (the worst school, BTW, sorry guys) from 5th grade-junior year, I had the same friends from 5th grade thru high school, we moved, went to a different school, lost those friends, unfortunately I did not make anymore/new friends at my new school (although, some friends did follow me to the other school). I did not know anyone my first couple months, I was lost & scared and I don't want Aden, Keira, or Taygen to feel like that when they go to school. If Keira goes to an elementary school here in Lincoln & makes friends, when they have to change schools to a middle school, who knows if those friends will be able to go to that middle school. Where if you are in a small town, you do not have an option but to go to that elementary, middle, or high school because that is your only option (and that's what I want), but here in Lincoln there are 37 elementary schools, 11 middle schools, & 6 high schools to choose from when you leave/start school. Pretty sad!

I really have to stop stressing about stuff and just take the days as they come, that's just not me though! I have to have every thing planned out in advance and it drives me crazy if it is not.

Leave a Reply