Picture on the left taken by

Aden's Well Child Check


on , ,

No comments

Aden turned 3 September 9th. He had his well child check on Monday. His weight is 27 pounds and is in the 11th percentile.  His height is 35 3/4" and is in the 12th percentile. His blood pressure is normal.

Aden is fully potty trained and has been for about a year, but when he has to go potty, he can't hold it. When he drinks a lot or swims and swallows a lot of water he has to go pee 10 times in 2 minutes, literally (and he goes every time). The doctor was concerned and wanted to do some tests. First, she pricked his finger and did a diabetes test. The first time it came back abnormal. She brought in a new machine and did it again, this time it came back normal. Then, she thought he might have something wrong with his kidneys or bladder, so she wanted to do a urine test. Of course, Aden couldn't go potty (but really?, who goes potty on command?). So, she sent a cup home with me ( I was going to return it on Wednesday when Taygen had her appt.).


 Aden had to go pee when we got home, so I went ahead and took the sample back to the Dr.'s right away (same day). I waited out in the waiting room, she called me back and said his glucose was fine, but they were worried about some blood that they found in his urine sample (not a red tint or anything, I had no clue there was any blood in there). The nurse was going to talk to his pediatrician and they would call me back. By this time, I was freaking out! It could just be an infection or something minor, but as a concerned mom, you tend to think the worst anytime you hear the word blood. They finally (what seemed like forever) called me back, the Dr. said she wasn't worried because it was very little blood, but next time he has blood in his urine he is to go to the ER. I said ok, but actually, I was thinking, how will I know that there is blood in his urine when I didn't see any in the first place?

He's doing pretty good. He starts music school on Thursday, so I'm sure I will do another post about that :).  He has grown up so much in the last couple of months. Being a stay at home mom you hear everything that your kids do, fight, argue, yell, so on, (when they are at a daycare you don't get to hear any of that during the day), that used to be constant with Aden because he didn't understand how to wait, so he wanted everything right then and when Keira didn't give it to him he got upset and started yelling at her which in turn made Keria yell at him. Anyway, he has grown up so much and has learned to take turns, share, and that he can't always have his way. They have stopped fighting and yelling at each other, which makes my life a lot easier.



Leave a Reply