Picture on the left taken by

I Have the Hiccups


on

No comments

Have you ever had your child tell you that they have the hiccups? You tell your child, "ok, what do you want me to do about it?" I love how kids let you know stuff that you can't help them with at that very moment.

Here are a couple of examples of what my children tell me...
~ "Mom, I have a booger."
     Me- "Ok, what do you want me to do about it? I'm driving."
           - This is usually when I have no kleenexes in the car and I have no way of turning around and getting the booger from them. So, I usually just tell to hold on to it until. What else am I supposed to tell them, flick it on the floor...gross!

~ "Mom, I have the hiccups."
    Me- "Take a drink, hold your breath and count to 10." Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.
          -This is usually when the hiccups last for more than 20 minutes and they get frustrated and start whining. There is nothing I can do about it.

~ "I have to go potty."
     Me- "Then go up stairs and go potty."
           -This is usually when we are at home and they can do it themselves. Not sure why they let me know this, but every time they have to tell me. Maybe so I know where they are? I can understand when we are out in public, because they can't just run upstairs and go.

~"I have to go poopy."
   Me- "Then go."
          - This is also when we are home and they can just run upstairs. When they tell me when we are in public (which I encourage ;) ) it is usually in a loud voice.

~"May I have a drink?"
   Me- "You can go get it, it is sitting on the table."
       

Rate My Blog @ Top Mommy Blogs

Leave a Reply