Picture on the left taken by

Facebook Friends


on

No comments

When I first got on Facebook, I thought I'm going to have more friends than so and so. So, the first few months I was on fb, I was adding about 50 friends a week, people I knew, of course. Before I knew it I was up to about 500 friends.

Then I came to realize, who are these people? Yes, I went to school with them, I worked with, they are acquaintances and it is nice to keep in touch, but do they really know me and do I really know them? If I saw them in public would I recognize them? So, I did a little "Spring Cleaning" and deleted about 200 friends, keeping mostly family, close friends and some high school friends that....being honest here.... I was just nosey about ;) Then after a couple more months and seeing a few of them in the stores and them not recognizing me, I deleted them.

It's that easy. You make someone mad, boom...they are not your "friend" anymore. Can we do that in real life? Can we just ignore someone? If we actually "liked" something every time someone texted you or was talking to you, that would get a little annoying.

According to the free dictionary.com the meaning of a friend is a person whom one knows, likes or trusts. Well, I do 'know' most of my friends on facebook. I can't say I 'like' some of the people on my friends list. I definitely cannot 'trust' most of the people on my friends list, so what does this say about me, nothing too exciting, just that I am a little nosey ;)

Leave a Reply