Picture on the left taken by

Stuck in a Rut


on

No comments

The other day, as I'm going through my day, I realized that we (the husband and I) do the same thing each night. After we put the kids to bed, he goes in the room for a little bit and plays on his computer, doesn't really play, he owns about 10 websites that he has to keep updated, and I sit on the couch, watch some of my DVR shows and update my websites. Then about 10:00 p.m he comes down stairs (by then I am usually done with the computer and just watching shows), he grabs a snack, I grab a snack and we put one of our favorite shows on, usually Grey's, Dexter or whatever is on at the time, watch it and then go to bed, usually about 11 p.m.

We really do need this hour. It gives each of us an hour (9p.m-10p.m) by ourselves and lets us get caught up on our work, but we do this every night, we just need a little change for our schedule at night.

We've thought of doing this sometime during the day or early in the morning, but we don't want to take any time away from the kids, (that's why we do it at night when they go to bed) and I really don't want to get up any earlier than I have to ;)

If something works, why change it? But sometimes you need a change. So, from now on, we are going to take 2 or 3 nights a week after the kids go to bed to do some different things. I have a couple things in mind that we could do and if you have the same problem you could use some of these ideas as well.


  • Just sit on the couch and talk about your day
  • Play a game of cards or an adult board game that you both like
  • Sit and relax together and read a book
  • Foot Rub for each other
  • Take turns giving each other a back rub
  • Sit outside, if it's a nice night and just relax with each other
  • Sit down and make the grocery list together
There are a million possibilities, but this is my favorite list ;) 

Leave a Reply