Picture on the left taken by

Summer Break


on

No comments


I dropped Keira off at school one day and the teachers gave me a monthly newsletter. One of the dates, right there in bold, you can't miss it, says "May18th Last day of school." My first thought was Summer break! I love Summer! Most parents are petrified when they see or hear the words Summer break...because that usually means that they are stuck with their kids....oh God forbid that your child is around you! I love Summer break, it's no different than if she was going to school.

Summer to me means.....picnics. Staying up late. Late nights outside. BBQ's. More time with the kids. Parks. Swimming. Running in the sprinklers. Sitting outside. Doing yardwork. Family vacations. More activities for the kids. You are probably wondering why I haven't said camping yet? I do not camp! I am not the camping type. I will only camp if I have a camper.

Summer to me, is just cheerful. It means more time with friends. I play volleyball in the summer and am on a pool league. Being in those two activities makes the Summer go fast, but it's all worth it!

Leave a Reply